Year 6 Class Page
If you have problems viewing this page, please try viewing it with Google Chrome
Welcome to Year 6 Remote Learning
Reading and Spelling
- You can download below a recommended reading list for Year 6 and Year 7 pupils. These books are widely available from most book sellers.
- Please encourage your child to read both fiction and non-fiction.
- Children will be given a reading book in their class homework pack.
- In Year 6 the focus is on comprehension skills so there will be a weekly comprehension or reading task related to Literacy or Topic work. Each half term we will be reading a class text, a range of poetry and non-fiction material.
- There year 5-6 key words are attached below and there will be weekly spelling lists based on these.
- Children have a laminated copy of these in their homework packs.
- Each week children will be given spellings to learn which are linked to handwriting and grammar.
Class Information 2022-2023
Contact Mrs Lee through email@example.com or telephone: 0151 648-3412
Some helpful links and resources:
Year 6 Reading Lists
Year 7 Reading Lists
Year 5 & 6 Statutory Spelling List
Year 6 Homework
Homework is due in on Monday each week and will be sent home on Wednesday
Children in Year 6 will be issued with Homework carry packs which must be kept safe. Each pack contains essential learning materials or resources to assist with homework.
- Grammar vocabulary glossary
- Times Tables Chart
- Key Word Lists
- Maths Vocabulary & Facts Key Ring
- Poetic Terms Key Ring
Year 6 weekly Homework will consist of:
- Weekly spelling sheet which includes handwriting and grammar term to learn.
- Weekly reading book and/or comprehension
- Literacy task which may be a comprehension or grammar exercise.
- Times Table learning (division and multiplication facts).
- Learning a mathematical term or facts.
- Weekly Maths task related to class work.
- Each term a project will be set related to Science, Art, RE or History learning.
Monday 28th November
Weekly Timetable and Homework Timetable
Downloadable Resources & Activities