Year 6 Class Page
Remote Learning Procedure 2021-22
The Remote Learning Procedure is intended to provide clarity and transparency to parents and carers about what to expect from remote education if your child is required to self-isolate due to COVID-19.
Further guidance will be issued to parents on the rare occurrence that a full cohort of pupils is instructed to self-isolate.
- You can download below a recommended reading list for Year 6 and Year 7 pupils. These books are widely available from most book sellers.
- Please encourage your child to read both fiction and non-fiction.
- Children will be given a reading book in their class homework pack.
- In Year 6 the focus is on comprehension skills so there will be a weekly comprehension or reading task related to Literacy or Topic work. Each half term we will be reading a class text, a range of poetry and non-fiction material.
- There year 5-6 key words are attached below and there will be weekly spelling lists based on these.
- Children have a laminated copy of these in their homework packs.
- Each week children will be given spellings to learn which are linked to handwriting and grammar.
- Grammar and Literacy vocabulary glossary
- Times Tables Chart
- Key Word Lists
- Maths Vocabulary & Facts key Ring
- Poetic Terms Key Ring
- Weekly spelling sheet which includes handwriting and grammar term to learn.
- Weekly reading book and/or comprehension
- Literacy task which may be a comprehension or grammar exercise.
- Times Table learning (division and multiplication facts).
- Learning a mathematical term or facts.
- Weekly Maths task related to class work.
- Each term a project will be set related to Science, Art, RE or History learning.
- Weekly Timetable detailing objectives and useful resources
- Homework Timetable
- t-sc-1627498171-ks2-the-history-of-electricity-powerpoint_ver_3 (3).pptx